Monday, October 31, 2016

Back to the Belt

You will not believe what happened this week.....I still am trying to get over it. President Kupu called and said that I will be going back to Ndola!!!! It came as quite the shock and has been a lot of mixed emotions, especially saying goodbye to everyone in Ndirande, but nonetheless I am so excited to be going back to somewhere that is so dear to my heart. The Lord works in mysterious ways and I'm still trying to figure out exactly what He has planned for me in the Copperbelt but if there is anything that I have learned while serving as a missionary is to trust in Him. His ways our higher than our ways. It is going to be quite the happy reunions this weekend!! So my new companion is Sister Reid from Oregon. We just flew into Lusaka this morning because we have our Mission Leadership Council which will be a great way to be inspired, motivated, and uplifted as I make my way to my new area. 

My last week in Ndirande was one that I will never forget. I don't have much time so here were some highlights.


Monday we had Family Home Evening and the Hulls joined us. We had it with the Katunga's and the Paselis. It was one of the most spiritual family home evenings we have had. We ended up just all sharing our testimonies and the blessings we have received from the Restored gospel. I wish you could hear these faithful saints.....
 
FHE

We put on an etiquette/spaghetti dinner for the youth in our branch and they LOVED it!!! The Hulls helped us out and we played games, taught table manners, and then let them eat. The best part of it all was at the beginning when we were all gathered together. We opened with "I am a Child of God" and as I looked at so many of the youth, especially those I had taught and baptized, I was so grateful to have served here. I started to tear up as I looked at each of them and saw them through God's eyes. I felt so much love for them and gratitude that they have a knowledge of the most important thing. 



 Dinner for YM/YW



Then on Sunday when I had to give my final testimony in that branch........that was SO hard. While singing the Sacrament hymn I read these words, I've done the work thou gavest me,
I've done the work thou gavest me;
Receive my spirit unto thee."
Serving in one area for a long time is hard because you constantly question if you have done enough. But as I read these words, I was overwhelmed by peace as I felt the Lord's approval. I know I am not perfect. I know there was probably a lot more than I could have done but I was reminded of the Savior and that because He was perfect, we don't need to be. All He asks of us is to do our best. 

 Goodbyes:(



 Goodbyes:)





Lyson was baptized!!! And Joseph baptized him!!!! So sweet. He gave such a great testimony about how the gospel has changed his life. Deborah passed her interview so I am bummed I will miss that:(

 Lyson's Baptism



The week was amazing!! Filled with so many miracles. This week, President Kupu, asked us to reflect on the love we have for our family and those we left at home. I really am SO grateful for each of you. I am grateful for the lessons I have learned from you that have helped me to be a better servant of the Lord. 

Much Love,
Sister Bingham

Deborah

boiled mangoes in the rain

Future Elders!!!!!

Vaida and Grace

happy birthday Stella!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment