Monday, August 15, 2016

Fall throughs bring forth the Blessings of Heaven

hiking

This week....I don't know where to begin or what to even say!! We had so many fall throughs. More than I ever had before but then somehow we ended up teaching more lessons this week than I ever have on mission! Diligence and faith plays such a HUGE role in missionary work and I know that if we have righteous desires and seek to do our very best, the Lord is able to provide. We taught the Restoration over 20 times this week but it was amazing to be able to adapt each lesson to the investigator's need! My testimony was strengthened each and every time that we testified that the Savior has brought back His church and restored the fullness of His gospel to the earth! My companion and I have been focusing every single lesson, no matter the concern or investigator, on the unique message of the Restoration and it has brought a lot of miracles. And my own testimony has been strengthened and its crazy how each time we teach, I learn something new. I love teaching and the challenge of making each lesson different and specific to each person. 
Last week I wrote home about finding the "Cornelious'" that the Lord is preparing for us and this week we were greatly blessed. Addsum...his name was Albert but because he was good at Maths, his dad changed his name to Addsum....We met with him twice, he came to church, and he is so excited! He cancelled one of our appointments which made us nervous but then we showed up at his house the next day and he had bought us drinks and biscuits. He is sweet. Connie continues to read from the Book of Mormon almost every single day!!! We taught her about the Plan of Salvation and she was soooo engaged and was asking so many great questions and we could just tell that she felt the Spirit. Multiple times throughout the lesson, Sister Arok and I just looked at each other because we were so happy for her!!! Then at the end of the lesson we invited her to church and to be baptized and all her doubts started to flood back. It was so hard but we need to be patient and trust that she will accept and listen to the Spirit. The same thing is sort of happening with John Phiri. We tried to see him this week and he was always gone. Then Saturday night we happened to run into him and he was really drunk. It broke my heart and I felt like giving up on him. Then he came to church on Sunday!!!! And every time we go and see him, he is so happy and talks about how blessed his life is and how he is slowly changing. He is trying SO hard to repent and overcome this addiction. It has really strengthened my testimony of the atonement of Jesus Christ. On Saturday we were lost on where to go or what to do. We had visited everyone we could think of...members and all. Then we got a call from someone we met the day before. Weird...no one calls us.....we go to his house...BTW his name is Million Chamillion. Cool I know...and we had a great lesson with him and 2 of his friends!!! Another tender mercy from the week. 
Sorry that I didn't send a great report from the week.Its hard to capture all the experience and blessings but I LOVE being a missionary!!! This week I really found a great love and gratitude to be here teaching and inviting others to come unto Christ. I am so grateful for an amazing companion who inspires me to be better. I am so grateful for the Priesthood and a true and living prophet. I am so grateful for my family and that families can be together forever!!!

I love you all!!!

Sister Bingham

 Homegirl
 The sisters of Blantyre
 Ndirande with Arok

 Comps





No comments:

Post a Comment