Monday, October 12, 2015

October 12, 2015

HELLO!!!!

How is everybody doing?! I loved hearing all about conference even though it just made me want to watch it so bad! Hopefully we get to watch it the 24th and 25th of this month but we still haven’t had a for sure. This week was another great week full of adventures but if I were to give a theme for this week it would be the power of prayer.

Monday: After emailing Sister Motsi and I went to the market in town and bought “dukes.” They are scarves that the women wear here on their head and Sister Motsi wears one every night so we finally had time to go buy one. I forgot to take a picture but we will this week and send a picture! I don’t look as good as the African women but its fun to wear them. All the old women wear them here! That night we went to see Mercy, an investigator but she was studying for exams so we went to a couple of our investigators around her house. We got shut down by this women but I felt the spirit so strong as both Sister Motsi and I testified of the truths of the gospel. Its funny how rejection doesn’t really discourage me but strengthens my testimony every time. We then went to recontact this girl we met about a month or two ago named Mulenga but we only found her aunt at home. Her aunt was friendly but said that we couldn’t come see her until the first week of November since she was moving or something anyways we wrote down her number and information and started walking away when all the sudden we heard, “Ladies get back here!” we walk back feeling excited that she wanted to hear about the gospel  but then she starts asking us if we know of a certain parable that was told by Christ. I start thinking she is going to want us to explain the parable so I started to get nervous that I won’t know which parable or how to explain it. Then I realize the parable she is talking about is the good Samaritan so then I start getting nervous that she is going to ask us to buy her food or something but then she starts saying how as missionaries we can’t just preach the gospel but we need to live it and we need to follow the example of Christ. Then she starts telling us about this man who ran away from the hospital and is staying behind her house and so we as missionaries need to go report him to the police. Uh…..we didn’t know what to do but we started explaining that we couldn’t do that and then she got so mad and saying we aren’t true followers of Christ and just stormed away. Hahah I love all these crazy experiences!

So I am the last one to get on to email and my companion finally got a hold of the women who is going to braid her hair so I don’t have time to email. So this is it but I love you alllllllllll soooooooooooooooooooo much!!!! I know this church is true. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for us and that the Savior, Jesus Christ lives.

Narikutemwa,
Sister Bingham

No comments:

Post a Comment