Monday, September 7, 2015

limited time....but I LOVE YOU!!! - Sept 7, 2015

We don't have a lot of time to email you today but I wrote you a letter so that will be coming in a few weeks!!

This week was a good one and now that I am sitting here trying to remember what even happened... but I'll give short and sweet daily updates

Tuesday: the other sisters trained us at district meeting and it was amazing!!! They inspire me so much! They taught about the Christlike attributes and how they can help us as missionaries. Sister Mbele goes home this week and her testimony made me realize how much I still have to learn and grow on mission but that someday maybe I can be a missionary like her! During District meeting I was humbled as I realized how imperfect I am and how perfect the Savior is. I was humbled as I realized that is only through his Atonement that we can develop those needed attributes. It takes work, patience, and diligence but it is possible. Philippians 4:13!

Wednesday: I went on exchanges with Sister Moyo who is also from Zimbabwe. She is incredible! her father passed away about 3 or 4 months ago yet she is one of the happiest missionaries I have met. She has a positive attitude about everything and makes everything fun! We went and visited Sister Ganesh and her brother Brother Nzima who I have talked about. Brother Nzima got emotional during our lesson of building our foundation on Christ and shared how he has been feeling really down the past couple of days and how the message we came to share uplifted him and inspired him. This was a huge testimony to me that as missionaries we can strengthen even members, not just investigators. It also made me realize that we never know who our testimony will strengthen...be bold and when you feel you need to share something with someone even if its just "I love you" don't fear. Heavenly Father will guide you through the Spirit what to share.

Thursday: We taught the Sambe family again and it was amazing! Sister Edith shared with us that although she didn't get a clear answer on whether or not the church is true and that Joseph Smith is a true prophet, she feels the Spirit when we come into her home. She told us how after we left last time she and her family discussed what they learned and felt and all concluded they felt something different. I haven't had someone tell us directly that they have felt the Spirit when we come so this was a touching moment for me to realize that there are people out there who are prepared to hear the gospel and when they soften their hearts, their hearts are changed. She said she really wanted to come to church...but they didn't end up coming. It was a great experience though and brought me so much joy!

Friday:Funny moment- I was sitting in a plastic chair and the leg broke and I fell flat on my face! Every single appointment fell through which was kinda frustrating and we have been trying to save gas so we walked that day and we walked a lot but it felt good to be walking again! The one lesson we did have was with a recent convert, Benson who works on the church grounds. We taught about the Law of Chastity and its funny how much everyone always shys away from this lesson or thinks it is awkward but I love teaching it! We were reading the promised blessings of living this law when all the sudden it just hit me how true those blessings are. As I bore my testimony of keeping the law of chastity and being worthy of a temple recommend, I could feel its burning truth and knew without a shadow of a doubt that when we follow and live this commandment, we WILL have the guidance of the Holy Ghost, greater wisdom, greater courage, feel God's love and support, have greater love for your family and peace. This law is a huge strength in my life as I have been faithful to my covenants. There is a quote in PMG that says "your calling gives you authority. keep your covenants gives you power." That night as I laid in bed, I started as best as I could to go through a temple session in my head and I honestly felt like I was in the temple again. I am so grateful for the peace and happiness I was enabled to feel as I reflected on the temple.

Saturday: "Whenever you serve the Lord, he blesses you. Many of our missionaries begin their missions thinking they are going to repay Heavenly Father for His goodness toward them by serving Him for 18 months or 2 year. But before long they learn an important eternal truth:you can never do more for the Lord than He can do for you. The Lord does bless His missionaries just as surely as they bless the lives of those they teach and baptize. Weaknesses become strengths, challenges become opportunities, trials become triumphs and adversity becomes an adventure in the service of the Lord." I discovered this quote and thought I would share it with you. I am sure you can guess why I love it but I have found how true these words are. Mission is the best!!! We finally had our FHE with the Nonde's because Monday didn't work out and it was so great. Brother Nonde had written out a whole plan for the night. His son was supposed to teach the lesson but couldn't so of course they assumed Sister Motsi and I had something to share...I love how much people expect of us but its good and stretches us! and its amazing how fast we can listen to the spirit and know exactly what to teach! I brought the picture of Dad to show brother Nonde and he kissed the picture!!! hahah he is hilarious. I took a picture of me with the Nonde parents and me holding the picture of me and mom and dad but I forgot my camera today. Next week!

Sunday: Selina Mwiinga bore her testimony and it was so incredible to see how much this young girl has learned and grown since I first met her. She shared how happy the gospel makes her and that she knows this church is true. Once again my heart was filled with so much joy as I saw this beautiful daughter of God stand before our small but mighty branch and share her testimony. That night we had one of the most powerful and touching moments of my whole almost 3 months here. I wish I could explain more but Sister Mwiinga is going through some really really tough trials. As she opened up to us my first thoughts were " Why? Why does she have to go through all of this? Why does it have to happen to her? Why do trials always come as she starts to get serious about the gospel and meeting with the missionaries?" It was hard to know what to say but I felt the Spirit guiding my words and even answering my questions as I said something along the lines of (and through tears) "Sister Mwiinga, I don't know why some of us have to go through the trials we go through but I know that Heavenly Father loves you and is aware of what you are experiencing." I then read Alma 7:11-13 and bore my testimony of the Savior. As missionaries we can be there to support and love her, but it only is the Savior, Jesus Christ that can heal her pains and bring true comfort and solace to her soul. She is an amazing woman and I hope that she will see this as a great opportunity to show her faith to the Lord and come to understand the power of His Atonement. Sundays are my favorite days and it really was an amazing day as I was able to receive answers to prayers that I fasted about. I am so grateful for fast Sundays and the opportunity it brings to truly seek the help of our Heavenly Father.

I love my family sooooooooooooo much and I hope all is well at home! I love being a missionary in Ndola, Zambia and am so grateful to be here! Life is good.

Narikutemwa,
Sister Bingham

No comments:

Post a Comment